2 Guns, 2013 film starring Denzel Washington, Mark Wahlberg, Edward James Olmos and Bill Paxton. Nice shoot em up film I had actually not heard of!
Two men team up to rob a bank of a mob bosses private stash. Each of the men are actually under cover agents, one DEA and the other Naval Intelligence however they do not know it. When the heist produces way more money than should have been there the fun begins. The actual owner of the stolen cash wants it back and you would not guess who that is. The two are suddenly thrust into a fight against several adversaries, all of whom want the two silenced. They must figure out a way of bringing all parties to justice without being killed in the process.
After finding this dvd in a box and watching it for the first time I was quite surprised. The story was interesting though a bit complicated at first. The two main characters were essentially good guys even though at first you thought they were just common criminals. Paxton played a decent bad guy though he was supposed to be one of the good guys! Confused yet?
There was plenty of action and some dry humor mixed in which produced a good film. The acting was very good and not only by the two main characters. There were plenty of ‘big guns’ acting in this film. With many plot twists, lots of action and a good sense of humor this film manages to be very entertaining. I would actually watch this again in the future.
- Universal Pictures (presents)
- Emmett/Furla/Oasis Films (EFO Films) (presents) (as Emmett/Furla Films)
- Marc Platt Productions (as Marc Platt)
- Oasis Ventures Entertainment (in association with) (as Oasis Ventures Entertainment Ltd)
- Envision Entertainment (in association with) (as Envision Entertainment)
- Herrick Entertainment (in association with)
- Boom Entertainment (in association with) (as BOOM! Studios)
- Knightsbridge Entertainment (in association with)